The qooxdoo 1.2 release comes with substantial improvements in almost the entire range of the framework. Here is a brief overview:
- The entire manual is now in SVN, using reStructuredText as markup. It is delivered with the SDK as HTML and also as a PDF document for offline reading (about 400 pages).
A new virtual List was added, which can handle really large numbers of items. It takes full advantage of qooxdoo’s data binding layer, so another demo shows how you can create an extended list with custom renderers. The virtual List is marked as experimental, and we look forward to include user feedback as we continue with the development of additional virtual widgets.
- As another preview we added a Selenium window to the cross-browser Inspector to aid in developing automated GUI tests for qooxdoo applications.
- The API Viewer API Viewer now allows you to open distinct tabs for any class or package description. Just press “shift” or “ctrl” when mouse-clicking on a reference.
- Many handy features made it into the release to support your work as app developers, e.g. generating API doc files for dedicated classes by a single command, including child control info with the API reference, several optimizations in the toolchain, more configuration options for the generator, experimental Jython support, real-time logging in the Playground, and so on.
- More than 200 bugfixes and enhancements over the previous release.
At the same time, and following our release scheme, we’re releasing an 1.1.1 version, which is a regular patch release of the 1.1.x branch and contains only bug fixes. It can be used as a drop-in replacement for anybody using 1.1, and users of these versions are encouraged to upgrade, i.e. if they don’t upgrade directly to 1.2.
Many thanks from the core developers to the community of contributors and users, who helped making these versions the most advanced releases to date. Enjoy!